Our learning environments are specifically designed to challenge children in all aspects of their physical, social and mental development.
We offer a warm, nurturing and stimulating educational environment, rich in the latest learning resources with enthusiastic and passionate teachers. Our teachers are experienced, professional and hold either the Primary and/or ECE qualifications.
Our Centre is separated into three rooms, Koru, Kowhai and Rata. The latter being our transition to school programme.
Koru caters for children aged 3 months to approximately 2 years old with:
- Specialised infant and toddler areas
- Caring, responsive and dedicated teachers
- Quality programmes to build your child’s developing strengths, needs, and interests
Kowhai caters for children aged 2 years to 6 years. Our program will provide your child with the opportunity to continue to:
- Build confidence and self esteem
- Develop language and communication skills
- Enjoy creative experiences and learn perseverance
- Develop friendships and of course have fun in our challenging learning environments.
Rata caters for children transitioning to school and has Primary trained teachers who understand the skills required for school entry.
We will be working in close partnership with local schools and where possible will go on school visits. Children will have the opportunity to be extended and enriched through a project based approach interwoven with literacy and numeracy.
They will develop:
- Skills of inquiry, thinking and reasoning
- Confidence, independence and self help skills
- Learning caring, reflective and principled behaviour
- Being open minded, well balanced and knowledgeable
We look forward to working in partnership with our families, teachers and of course our priority, your children. This is the foundation of our philosophy that you will see evident in our day to day practice.
Our aim is to provide opportunities for every child to have the freedom to learn and grow in our unique country setting.